Join The Awesome Technori Team!
Technori is building the best starter community in the world and you can be a part of our growth in 2013.
What’s a starter, you ask?
Starters are the people that change the face of our society, for the better, every day. Possessing a relentless passion for building, starters test their personal limits in the pursuit of a mission larger than themselves. It makes no difference if they are building a for-profit or non-profit, nor does it matter if their project is temporary or permanent.
Technori empowers, educates, and connects starters around the world through our online and offline community. We understand the inherent risks associated with launching a startup, creating a non-profit, or building anything truly worthwhile and we embrace the fact that the starter life is a roller-coaster of incredible highs and crushing lows. Beyond celebrating all-things starter in the online world, we want to bring amazing people together in-person for the express purpose of sparking new ideas and genuine friendships, as well as creating new ventures together.
Purpose of Role
To sell sponsorship and revenue generating opportunities across all Technori owned and operated events and web properties. The role will drive business revenue growth from existing clients, but rely heavily on the generation of new contacts/leads. The key to the success of this individual will be the ability to sell our new, high-end, and integrated event and web property sponsorship packages across all of our platforms.
Who Are We Looking For?
The perfect person for this role is excited about taking on the responsibility of aggressively driving sales activities, being opportunistic, building exceptional relationships with all of our clients, having strategic conversations within the industry, and targeting profitable revenue streams for Technori. You are a self-starter and known for being a hustler. You see opportunities everywhere, and then go chase them. But, you know that doing business with upmost integrity and taking a genuine interest in the success of others is paramount. As a result, you’re always looking to position and deliver “win-win” scenarios.
An important note: we are a very friendly and outgoing team of people, so being comfortable with constant interaction amongst team members and within the starter community is essential.
Want more specifics? You got it. Here’s the nitty gritty of what we’re looking for:
- Present and sell Technori.com, event, and media sponsorships to current and potential clients.
- Create detailed proposals that include strategic plans, presentations, and sponsorship contract negotiation.
- Set up and conduct in-person, over the phone, and online presentations with potential and current clients.
- Utilize lists, contacts, and current client relationships for referrals and introductions to potential new clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets, and project the number of contacts to be made to promote strategic client growth.
- Establish and maintain current and potential client relationships, and ensure superior customer service on every contract.
- Efficiently handle all daily current and potential client communication.
- On-board and manage new and current clients.
- Coordinate with Technori staff to close sales when necessary.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product/service/industry knowledge.
Personal & Experience Requirements:
- This position if for our downtown Chicago office only.
- 4+ years of relevant sales experience directly involving any of the following: online media, sponsorship sales, conference/event sales, newspaper ad sales, integrated media ad sales, or broadcast ad sales.
- Experience and expertise in sponsorship sales is highly valuable, though not mandatory. But, candidates will be expected to have a strong passion for selling event and media partnerships.
- A deep understanding of Technori’s mission & vision, the publishing & events industry, and industry best practices for sponsorship sales. You are stellar at building genuine relationships.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to maintain your own workflow and consistently meet or beat deadlines.
- Ability to quickly grasp a clear understanding of the clients’ needs to build rapport and successful long term relationships.
- This is a full-time position.
- We are offering a market-rate base salary, plus commission on all sales.
- Technori, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment and support a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, veterans and active military personnel, and all other applicants possessing legally protected characteristics to apply. We love people of all different cultures, races, shapes, and education backgrounds. You just have to be an awesome and genuine human being.